Thursday 29 May 2008

Another Swap safely received.

I can put this one up for viewing now that I know that Doreen has safely received it in Australia.

I made this especially for her and I was inspired by something that she said to me. She asked me for my surname and I said that I often forget to give it probably because I don't like my married name. Well, when I told her it was Cook she said to me, where would Australia have been without Captain Cook and that she thought that there was nothing wrong with the name.

Well, when I couldn't decide what to do for her I thought about what she had said. Well, when we lived up north we went to a place about 30 miles from where Old Cap'n Cook was born. It's a lovely place called Robin Hoods Bay, you can see it on the internet as it is a very well known holiday and tourist attraction on the North East along the Yorkshire Coast. Many an artist has sat and painted it from different views as it is so quaint and picturesque.

So there you have it. This is why I made this ATC for Doreen, I am really getting into this landscape work in needlefelt. It's like painting with wool.

10 comments:

Genie said...

Some lovely ATCs,
I have just applied to join your group
Regards Jean

Tricks said...

Thank you Genie, for the nice comment, and welcome to my challenge site, I look forward to getting to know you. Tricia

Doreen G said...

Thank you Tricia I love the ATC and everyone I show it to is amazed when I tell them how you have done it.

Tricks said...

Thanks Doreen,
it was such a pleasure to make this for you. I'm so glad that you like it. I feel a connection is there now, it's probably the Cap'n Cook thing I suppose. I hope we will do another swap sometime. Thanks Tricia

Shirley Anne Sherris said...

Hi
Beautiful work. I live just 30 miles away from here. Know it well.
Cheers

Tricks said...

Hi Shirley, well, then that certainly is a compliment as you know what it should look like, lol.
this little card is now in Australia with Doreen. I used to live in Weardale, I moved back down to Kent about 18 months ago. I'm sure I have heard your name before, have you ever been in any exhibitions up your way?
Well, thanks for the lovely comment, it's always nice to receive. Tricia

Shirley Anne Sherris said...

Hi
Yes you have. We exchanged messages on FAMM. You looked at my blog and web site and commented.
I did have an exhibition a couple of years ago but I doubt you will have been up here at the time.
Keep an eye out for my name next year - I have a book being published by Batsford.
Cheers

Tricks said...

I thought I knew the name, can you just jog my memory what FAMM stands for?
I must search out your blog and put it on my list.
Small world it certainly is. Tricia

Shirley Anne Sherris said...

FAMM is Fiber Arts/ Mixed Media.
Cheers

Tricks said...

Of course, Shirley, I knew that, not, lol, I put in a search and nothing came up, lol. It's alright, I'm just not thinking as quick these days, must be my age. Thanks Tricia