Saturday 19 February 2011

Back to doing some Brooches, a favour for my Northern friend.

Ok these are the first of 30 that I am making for a dear friend who I met when I lived up North, I have already shown her these and she approves so I am continuing to make some more, the shapes are very simple but with lots of embroidery. I must have them done before the end of the month so I better get my skates on! Also below a couple of other things I made as presents recently:

About a year or so ago I made my Grand daughter a bracelet and she was mortified when she lost it, I told her not to worry and I have made her another. Silk embroidered onto industrial felt fixed with velcro. She likes it that's all that matters.

The next was a present for a very dear friend who took me out to lunch last year. She likes these colours, you can't see much of the felt I got a bit carried away with needle weaving. I just love threads; as you can see. It was based loosely on a picture of some art deco jewelry. I think Mary liked it. I love making presents for people. It's my favourite way of showing that I care about someone.
AS ALWAYS CLICK ON THE PICTURES FOR A CLOSE UP.
Well I had better get on, be back soon Love Tricia x

No comments: